Tuesday, June 21, 2011

September 13, 2010

Dear Diary,

Well, I aced that interview but I will humbly admit that some of the questions were tough ones. Thank GOD for my marketing background! I was able to craft targeted responses for the audience. Everyone seemed nice enough but it's not going to be the same as a creative environment.

I learned that the job is more than just driving and delivering pizza. I didn't know that. I took it for granted that most delivery drivers stand around smoking cigarettes when they aren't on a run. Well, they don't. Maybe that's why I see so many of them smoking in their cars while they're driving.

Providing my background check comes back OK, I start on Sunday. I don't know why it wouldn't ... I think the last time I had a speeding ticket was when Dad was being deployed to Iraq during the Gulf War. That was like what 20 years ago?

Well, at least now I have an excuse to go shoe shopping! Gotta find a pair of black non-slip shoes. Apparently the floor can be slippery and you need special shoes... I wonder if they even make cute shoes that meet the safety requirements. Probably not. Sigh! I might as well just accept the fact that I'm certainly not going to find a pair of safety shoes with red soles.

I guess maybe finding a pair of black pants will be more fun... I'm thinking I'll hit the thrift store for a couple of pairs. I'm not spending an arm and a leg for pants that could bet ruined by all of the "extra" duties that the drivers have to preform... did you know drivers prep all the stuff used to make your pizza dear Diary? I didn't.

Anyhow, credit card in hand, I'm taking Peach Puff and we're off to do some shopping.

Love,
Your Soon-To-Be Pizza Slut





No comments:

Post a Comment